glibc 1.99-8xx include files?

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Wed Dec 15 14:57:38 EST 1999

Brian Kuschak wrote:

> It appears that the glibc header files in the
> mbxroot.full.tgz filesystem on the ftp site are for
> glibc version 2.0.

I don't think so.....that image was created long before
the glibc2 version existed.

> ...  I'm using the glibc-1.99 version
> with the 8xx patches.

This should work.....

> My code is including the 2.0 headers, but linking to
> the 1.99 library.  It's not very happy :-)

Are you sure this is happening?  When I boot an 8xx using
the mbxroot.full file system, I can compile programs on it
that run just fine.  Maybe I haven't stumbled across the
features you are trying to use.

I know that cross compiling to use glibc-1.99 on any system
is very error prone.  I certainly haven't yet mastered it,
but I am a little slow sometimes.  I still have an old R4 iMac
for this purpose.

	-- Dan