fads823 ethernet interface does (seams) not send data

Richard Hendricks ra6353 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Dec 15 08:35:51 EST 1999

The problem may lie with the multiplexing of the pins for the (not
availible) softmodem.  The short story is to look at page 6 of 9 of the
MPC823FADSDB schematics. That 74LCX257 does some routing control of
various signals, and may be causing some confusion and pain.  The MPC823
FADS User's Manual should also have a picture on page 4-7 and a
discussion on page 4-6 about this "feature".  The important thing is the
picture, it shows how all the signals are REALLY connected between the
daugthercard and motherboard.

In your case, you'll notice that the PA7/ETHTCK from the motherboard is
really connected to PA5/ETHTCK on the daughtercard.  I have seen
Ethernet working on the MPC823FADS board, so I know it CAN be done.