Issues with the first PowerPC updates for the kernel 6.1

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Mon Oct 17 18:53:04 AEDT 2022

> On 17. Oct 2022, at 02:43, Michael Ellerman <mpe at ellerman.id.au> wrote:
> Previously BIG_ENDIAN && GENERIC_CPU would use -mcpu=power5, now it uses
> -mcpu=power4.

Maybe this is the issue. We will wait and not release the RC1 for testing because it is a risk for our testers to test these new kernels because of this issue.

It is really important do not to rewrite code, that is well worked before.
Bugfixing and adding some new features is ok but rewriting of good code is expensive and doesn’t make any sense.

— Christian