Issues with the first PowerPC updates for the kernel 6.1

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Mon Oct 17 11:42:54 AEDT 2022

Christian Zigotzky <chzigotzky at xenosoft.de> writes:
> No, it’s not fine. We used the POWER4 CPU config before.

We dropped POWER4 support in 2018.

The recent commit just updated the help text to match reality.

There were some changes to the CPU flags, but if anything they should
have made things more likely to work properly on old CPUs.

Previously BIG_ENDIAN && GENERIC_CPU would use -mcpu=power5, now it uses
-mcpu=power4.

cheers