Kernel crosscompilers

Christophe Leroy christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu
Sat May 8 20:15:32 AEST 2021

Le 08/05/2021 à 11:43, Arnd Bergmann a écrit :
> On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 8:46 AM Christophe Leroy
> <christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu> wrote:
>>
>> Something is going wrong with asm goto output. I implemented get_user() helpers with asm goto this
>> cycle (commit 5cd29b1fd3e8). I tested it with CLANG before submitting, it was working.
>
> BTW, can you point me to those patches? I think it would be nice if we
> could eventually
> converge parts of get_user()/put_user() implementation on something
> that works for all
> architectures, we do seem to rewrite these way too often. Ideally we'd
> have something
> in asm-generic that provides all the wrappers, and just requires an
> architecture to
> implement the inline asm helpers for each of the sizes.

The series that is merged for 5.13 is here:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linuxppc-dev/list/?series=233250&state=*

And of course the result is just
https://github.com/linuxppc/linux/blob/master/arch/powerpc/include/asm/uaccess.h
and all its history at
https://github.com/linuxppc/linux/commits/master/arch/powerpc/include/asm/uaccess.h

The fix from today here:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linuxppc-dev/patch/cf0a050d124d4f426cdc7a74009d17b01d8d8969.1620465917.git.christophe.leroy@csgroup.eu/

I made a try to use asm-generic/uaccess.h a few weeks ago, but it was not conclusive. I can't
remember the details, but I can have a new look at it next week if you are interested with the details.

Christophe