Kernel crosscompilers

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sat May 8 19:43:11 AEST 2021

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 8:46 AM Christophe Leroy
<christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu> wrote:

> Something is going wrong with asm goto output. I implemented get_user() helpers with asm goto this
> cycle (commit 5cd29b1fd3e8). I tested it with CLANG before submitting, it was working.

BTW, can you point me to those patches? I think it would be nice if we
could eventually
converge parts of get_user()/put_user() implementation on something
that works for all
architectures, we do seem to rewrite these way too often. Ideally we'd
have something
in asm-generic that provides all the wrappers, and just requires an
architecture to
implement the inline asm helpers for each of the sizes.

      Arnd