linux-next: manual merge of the audit tree with the powerpc tree

Paul Moore paul at paul-moore.com
Wed Dec 15 05:23:22 AEDT 2021

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 12:59 PM Christophe Leroy
<christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu> wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> I've been trying to setup your test suite on my powerpc board but it's
> based on Perl and on a lot of optional Perl packages. I was able to add
> them one by one until some of them require some .so libraries
> (Pathtools-Cwd), and it seems nothing is made to allow cross building
> those libraries.
>
> Do you have another test suite based on C and not perl ?
>
> If not, what can I do, do you know how I can cross compile those Perl
> packages for PPC32 ?

Is there no Linux distribution that supports PPC32?  I would think
that would be the easiest path forward, but you're the PPC32 expert -
not me - so I'll assume you already tried that or it didn't work for
other reasons.

I'm also not a Perl expert, but it looks like PathTools is part of the
core Perl5 release, have you tried that?

https://github.com/Perl/perl5/tree/blead/dist/PathTools

Finally, no, our only really maintained test suite is the Perl based
one; there have been other efforts over the years but they were never
properly supported and fell out of use (and applicability).  At some
point you/someone was able to run the test suite, why isn't that
working now?  Or was it a different powerpc ABI?

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com