linux-next: manual merge of the audit tree with the powerpc tree

Christophe Leroy christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu
Wed Dec 15 04:59:30 AEDT 2021

Le 27/10/2021 à 16:18, Paul Moore a écrit :
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 7:41 AM Christophe Leroy
> <christophe.leroy at csgroup.eu> wrote:

>>> No.
>>>
>>> There's one test failure both before and after the conversion to use the
>>> generic code.

>>> OK. I'll revert the patch in my tree.
>>
>> But it's been in the pipe since end of August and no one reported any
>> issue other issue than the pre-existing one, so what's the new issue
>> that prevents us to merge it two monthes later, and how do we walk
>> forward then ?
>
> We work to resolve the test failure, it's that simple.  I haven't seen
> the failure so I haven't been much help to do any sort of root cause
> digging on the problem, it would be helpful if those who are seeing
> the problem could dig into the failure and report back on what they
> find.  That is what has been missing and why I never ACK'd or merged
> the powerpc audit code.

Hello Paul,

I've been trying to setup your test suite on my powerpc board but it's
based on Perl and on a lot of optional Perl packages. I was able to add
them one by one until some of them require some .so libraries
(Pathtools-Cwd), and it seems nothing is made to allow cross building
those libraries.

Do you have another test suite based on C and not perl ?

If not, what can I do, do you know how I can cross compile those Perl
packages for PPC32 ?

Thanks
Christophe