Fwd: [CRON] Broken: ClangBuiltLinux/continuous-integration#1432 (master - 0aceafc)

Nick Desaulniers ndesaulniers at google.com
Fri May 22 08:23:11 AEST 2020

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 6:00 AM Michael Ellerman <mpe at ellerman.id.au> wrote:

> Nathan Chancellor <natechancellor at gmail.com> writes:
> > On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 05:56:32PM -0700, 'Nick Desaulniers' via Clang Built Linux wrote:
> >> Looks like our CI is still red from this:
> >>
> >> https://travis-ci.com/github/ClangBuiltLinux/continuous-integration/builds/166854584
> >>
> >> Filing a bug to follow up on:
> >> https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/linux/issues/1031

> > This is probably still a manifestation of
> > https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/continuous-integration/issues/262
> > because rekicking the tests usually fixes it.

I thought we had upgraded our version of QEMU in response to this already?
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/dockerimage/pull/44
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/dockerimage/pull/46

> Oh yep.
>
> I was looking at the RCU warning, which I still don't understand, but
> the lockup is presumably the same problem you hit with interrupts being
> lost.
>
> > We should probably just disable the torture tests like we do for x86_64
> > for CI because we do not have access to QEMU 5.0.0 where this should be
> > fixed. I believe it is slated for 4.2.1 as well but we still have to
> > wait for that to be updated and packaged in Ubuntu.
>
> You just need to start building Qemu HEAD as part of your CI ;)

LOL
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/dockerimage/pull/46#pullrequestreview-395639442
Yeah I think the hard part for all these dependendencies is the risk
of living on the edge of "top of tree" for all of them, and trying to
control for some by using stable releases.  May not always be
possible.
--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers