debian-powerpc at lists.debian.org

Rui Salvaterra rsalvaterra at gmail.com
Mon May 18 21:18:11 AEST 2020

Hi, everyone,

I strongly suspect something went wrong between Linux 5.6 and 5.7-rc1.
This is an iBook G4 laptop with 1.5 GiB of RAM running the Debian
powerpc port. I haven't bisected yet, since it's going to take quite a
bit of time, so I'm sending this mostly as a heads-up (and to see if
anybody has any clues about the possible cause). I'm using the
following reproducer:

stress-ng --cpu 8 --io 8 --vm 8 --vm-bytes 1G --fork 8 --timeout 10m

On Linux 5.7-rc1, this completely hangs the machine in about 30
seconds. Linux 5.6 survives the test. Let me know if I can provide any
additional info, otherwise I'll just bite the bullet and start
bisecting.

Thanks,
Rui