powerpc/mpc85xx: Add Cyrus P5040 device tree source

Darren Stevens darren at stevens-zone.net
Thu May 14 08:02:02 AEST 2020

Hello Scott

On 08/05/2020, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-05-07 at 22:30 +0100, Darren Stevens wrote:
>>
>> +/include/ "p5040si-pre.dtsi"
>> +
>> +/ {
>> +    model = "varisys,CYRUS5040";
>> +    compatible = "varisys,CYRUS";
>
> Is this board 100% compatible with the Cyrus P5020 board, down to every last
> quirk, except for the SoC plugged into it?  If not, they shouldn't have the
> same compatible.  If they are, then couldn't everything in this file but the
> SoC include be moved to a dtsi shared with cyrus_p5020.dts?

It's not 100% compatible, the mdio ports map to different fman ports, but both as are 'corenet generic' boards, I added varisys,CYRUS so it would be detected in corenet_generic.c - support for the 5020 was added by Andy Flemming, I've just tried to copy what he did.

I can add another entry to the table, but do we realy want a separate entry in the table for every supported board rather than using the device tree for similar boards?

It would be nice to get these sorted, the dts files are the last bits to make these fully supported in Linux.

>> +    aliases{
>> +        ethernet0 = &enet4;
>> +        ethernet1 = &enet10;
>> +    };