ioremap() called early from pnv_pci_init_ioda_phb()

Qian Cai cai at lca.pw
Sun May 10 01:37:15 AEST 2020

> On May 9, 2020, at 4:38 AM, Nicholas Piggin <npiggin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Your patch to use early_ioremap is faulting? I wonder why?

Yes, I don’t know the reasons either. I suppose not many places in other parts of the kernel which keep using those addresses from early_ioremap() after system booted. Otherwise, we would see those leak warnings elsewhere.

Thus, we probably have to audit the code, and if still necessary, call early_ioremap() and then early_iounmap() followed by a ioremap() once slab allocator is available?