PPC64: G5 & 4k/64k page size (was: Re: Call for report - G5/PPC970 status)

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Tue Jan 7 05:30:10 AEDT 2020

Le dim. 5 janv. 2020 à 16:06, Bertrand Dekoninck
<bertrand.dekoninck at gmail.com> a écrit :
> I can now test on powermac 7,3 (with an ATI card)
> How can I build a deb package of this kernel ? Or is there a package to download somewhere ?

I usually cross-compile on x86-64 from upstream sources. On a Debian
Buster with the powerpc tools installed,
it's just:

#####
make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc64-linux-gnu- oldconfig && nice
-19 make ARCH=powerpc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc64-linux-gnu- -j56
bindeb-pkg
#####

(alter the -j56 for your own build system). For the dependency, as far
as I remember I only needed "gcc-powerpc64-linux-gnu" and
dependencies. My '.config' is Debian's 5.3 plus default values for
changes - with the exception of 4 KiB pages.

I've also uploaded the working kernel with 4 KiB pages DEB here:
<http://dl.free.fr/otB1KMEMR>, as it might be easier for a quick test.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau