use generic DMA mapping code in powerpc V4

Christian Zigotzky chzigotzky at xenosoft.de
Thu Nov 29 02:55:30 AEDT 2018

On 28 November 2018 at 12:05PM, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> Nothing specific yet.
>
> I'm a bit worried it might break one of the many old obscure platforms
> we have that aren't well tested.

Please don't apply the new DMA mapping code if you don't be sure if it
works on all supported PowerPC machines. Is the new DMA mapping code
really necessary? It's not really nice, to rewrote code if the old code
works perfect. We must not forget, that we work for the end users. Does
the end user have advantages with this new code? Is it faster? The old
code works without any problems. I am also worried about this code. How
can I test this new DMA mapping code?

Thanks