[RFC FIX v1 0/2] powerpc: Fix memory unplug failure for radix guests

Bharata B Rao bharata at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jan 5 22:05:19 AEDT 2018

This is an RFC patchset to fix the call trace observed during memory
unplug for radix guests. The problem and the fix is described in patch 2/2.

The ideal fix for this is to break the bigger radix mapping into smaller
mappings during memory hot removal, but in the meanwhile I am just posting
an alternate and easier solution which of course, has its own
limitations (mentioned in 2/2)

Changes in v1:
--------------
- Move mmu-early-init-devtree() ahead of scanning memory DT nodes
  so that we know if the guest is radix or not when scanning
  memory nodes.
- Make the marking of hotpluggable only if the guest is radix.

v0: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/800142/

Bharata B Rao (2):
  powerpc: Discover radix availability before scanning the memory nodes
  powerpc: Fix memory unplug failure on radix guest

 arch/powerpc/kernel/prom.c      |  6 ++++--
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable-radix.c | 17 ++++++++++++++---

2.7.4