char/tpm: Improve a size determination in nine functions

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 19 02:22:19 AEDT 2017

>> Do you find my wording “This issue was detected by using the
>> Coccinelle software.” insufficient?
>
> This is fine for cover letter, not for the commits.

I guess that there are more opinions available by other contributors
for this aspect.

> After your analysis software finds an issue you should manually analyze
> what is wrong

This view is generally fine.

> and document that to the commit message.

I tried it in a single paragraph so far (besides the reference
for the tool).

> This applies to sparse, coccinelle or any other tool.

I find that further possibilities can be considered.

> Tool-based commit messages are bad for commit history

I disagree to this view.

> where as clean description gives idea what was done
> (if you have to maintain a GIT tree).

How do you think about to offer any wording for an alternative
which you would find better?

> In my opinion tool is doing all the work but the part
> that you should do is absent.

Really?

Regards,
Markus