char/tpm: Improve a size determination in nine functions

Jarkko Sakkinen jarkko.sakkinen at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 19 01:57:35 AEDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 08:41:04PM +0200, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
> Do you find my wording “This issue was detected by using the
> Coccinelle software.” insufficient?

This is fine for cover letter, not for the commits.

After your analysis software finds an issue you should manually analyze
what is wrong and document that to the commit message. This applies to
sparse, coccinelle or any other tool.

Tool-based commit messages are bad for commit history where as clean
description gives idea what was done (if you have to maintain a GIT
tree).

In my opinion tool is doing all the work but the part that you should do
is absent.

> Regards,
> Markus

/Jarkko