No subject

Kevin Yeske Modournation at live.com
Wed Nov 22 07:41:47 AEDT 2017

Hello ,

I have been working on trying to get a newer kernel and Ubuntu version running on the PS3 within otherOS on a PS3 slim. I managed to find a git repository made by Geoff that is still being updated as of a few days ago. That can be found here - https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/...eoff/ps3-linux<https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux>. I was able to compile it, but when I try to boot from within petitboot using this command:

pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux - Git at Google<https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux>
kernel.googlesource.com
Mirrored from git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux.git

Code:

kexec -l vmlinux --initrd=initrd.gz

I am greeted with -
Code:

Warning: append= option is not passed. Using the first kernel root partition
Modified cmdline:
Unable to find /proc/device-tree//chosen/linux,stdout-path, printing from
purgatory is diabled

I am using the following commands
I am a noob when it comes to kernel development and have no idea what I need to do get fix this. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried so many things, and am lost as to what I need to do. Some additional things I have tried:
Code:

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Booting_Linux_2.6_kernel_on_running_PS3_Linux_with_kexec
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/petitboot/lpc-2012/petitboot-lpc-2012.pdf
https://www.vivaolinux.com.br/topico/Comandos/Kernel-for-Newbies-Compilacao-facil-do-Kernel
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f119/help-wanted-how-install-xubuntu-ydl-proper-hdd-partition-ps3-namely-ps3dd-please-help-me-try-xubuntu-ps3-108488/#post1020141
http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/OtherOS%2B%2B
https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/geoff/ps3-linux/+/base/Documentation/process/changes.rst
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f119/detailed-guide-install-ubuntu-9-04-jaunty-jackalope-internet-accoring-ps3devwiki-glevand-skynet-108907/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upu6X3m8rV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jGG51riijo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyZJgNt4to

This is just a small amount of what I have used to get to where I am now..

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!