xmon memory dump does not handle LE

Michael Ellerman mpe at ellerman.id.au
Fri Feb 3 21:31:30 AEDT 2017

Douglas Miller <dougmill at linux.vnet.ibm.com> writes:

> I'm referring to the three commands listed in the help:
>
> d     dump bytes
>
> df    dump float values
>
> dd    dump double values
>
> As it turns out, all three of these commands do exactly the same thing,
> and it's certainly not what I'd expect based on experience with other
> debuggers. Maybe the original intent was only to simply output bytes of
> memory, but to me the help implies otherwise and certainly something
> more is needed.

OK. I don't think df/dd actually exist in the code, so I think the help
is just out of date, by about 20 years.

'd' definitely works as intended and does what the help says as far as
I'm concerned. The output is pretty similar to hexdump -C for example.

Also xmon isn't a debugger it's a crash handler :)

> I'll take a look at Balbir's patch and see if I can help move it along.

Actually take a look at mine instead.

cheers