Build warning on 32-bit PPC - bisected to commit 989cea5c14be

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Fri Dec 23 01:53:07 AEDT 2016

On 12/21/2016 08:02 PM, Nicholas Piggin wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> This is strange you've bisected it there, I can't see how that patch would
> trigger it. That said, powerpc has had a few small build system glitches.
>
> It looks like this warning could be fixed by changing #elif CONFIG_FSL_BOOKE
> to #elif defined (CONFIG_FSL_BOOKE). Want to send a patch (if it works)?

Nick,

I agree that the "bad" commit does not look likely to be the problem, but I
verified it by checking out the previous commit, which does not show the
problem. I'm quite sure that PowerPC has a lot of quirks and glitches beyond
those caused by the Apple hardware.

I have tested the change and I will submit the patch.

Thanks,

Larry