using general IRQs

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:40:53 AEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> MPC8349 has general IRQ numbered 0-7,
> It is required to bind these IRQs with some routine , i.e. they are
> not used with any specific driver.
>
> - Should they be configured as gpios in device tree so that we can use
> the gpio as irq in linux ? Is there any example ?
> - After configuration, can the gpios be used in linux using the
> standard /sys/class/gpio ?
>
> Regards,
> Ran

I am trying to use only IRQ4, so I have tried to configure it as
following in device tree:

device tree:

  intc at 0{
 compatible = "intc";
 #address-cells = <1>;
 #size-cells = <0>;
 reg = <0 0x1000>;
 interrupts = <4 0x8>;
  };

But I don't see IRQ4 listed in the interrupt list:
# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
 16:         93      IPIC   9 Level     serial
 18:          0      IPIC  14 Level     i2c-mpc
 19:          0      IPIC  15 Level     i2c-mpc
 21:          0      IPIC  18 Level     phy_interrupt
 32:          0      IPIC  32 Level     eth0_g0_tx
 33:         14      IPIC  33 Level     eth0_g0_rx
 34:          0      IPIC  34 Level     eth0_g0_er
 35:          0      IPIC  35 Level     eth1_g0_tx
 36:          0      IPIC  36 Level     eth1_g0_rx
 37:          0      IPIC  37 Level     eth1_g0_er
LOC:      60756   Local timer interrupts for timer event device
LOC:          1   Local timer interrupts for others
SPU:          0   Spurious interrupts
PMI:          0   Performance monitoring interrupts
MCE:          0   Machine check exceptions

Regards,
Ran