[v2, 2/2] powerpc/mpc85xx: add support for Keymile's kmcoge4 board

Valentin Longchamp valentin.longchamp at keymile.com
Thu Mar 20 19:42:32 EST 2014

On 03/20/2014 12:08 AM, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:50:07PM +0100, Valentin Longchamp wrote:
>> +		reset_cpld at 1,0 {
>> +			interrupt-controller;
>> +			#interrupt-cells = <2>;
>> +			reg = <1 0 0x80>;
>> +			interrupt-parent = <&mpic>;
>> +			interrupts = <
>> +				4 1 0 0
>> +				5 1 0 0>;
>> +		};
>> +
>> +		chassis_mgmt at 3,0 {
>> +			interrupt-controller;
>> +			#interrupt-cells = <2>;
>> +			reg = <3 0 0x100>;
>> +			interrupt-parent = <&mpic>;
>> +			interrupts = <6 1 0 0>;
>> +		};
>
> Dashes are preferred to underscores in device trees.

OK.

> More importantly, these nodes need proper compatibles and bindings.  Once
> that's done, the name for the nodes should probably be
> "board_control at whatever" for both.

The first one can be board-ctrl. The second however manages things that are
beyond this board and important for other boards in the chassis, so I think
chassis-mgmt is correct.

For the binding/compatbiles issues: in the first discussion I had omitted these
nodes because these are not available (and honestly for such FPGAs I doubt they
will ever be mainlined). We discussed it and concluded that the DTS should
describe the HW and not the drivers available in the kernel so I have now added
them. Do you want me to add the compatible strings we use in our tree even
though there are no bindings ? Leave them as is ? Or drop them ?

Valentin