OF_DYNAMIC node lifecycle

Grant Likely grant.likely at linaro.org
Wed Jul 16 15:33:20 EST 2014

I've got another question about powerpc reconfiguration. I was looking
at the dlpar_configure_connector() function in dlpar.c. I see that the
function has the ability to process multiple nodes with additional
sibling and child nodes. It appears to link them into a detached tree
structure, and the function returns a pointer to the first node.

All of the callers of that function then call dlpar_attach_node(),
which calls of_attach_node(). However, of_attach_node() only handles a
single node. It doesn't handle siblings or children. Is this a bug?
Does the configure connector ever actually receive more than one node
at once?

g.