Fwd: Allyesconfig for powerpc still Failing

Guenter Roeck linux at roeck-us.net
Tue Jul 8 13:57:33 EST 2014

On 07/07/2014 08:38 PM, Nick Krause wrote:
> On 07/07/2014 07:45 PM, Nick Krause wrote:
>>
>> Today I tested the allyesconfig for powerpc and it seems to be still
>> failing according to my tests.
>> Below are the error messages I get before the jobs finish and exit
>> failing the build.
>> Cheers Nick
>> arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S: Assembler messages:
>> arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S:1331: Error: attempt to move .org backwards
>> make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel/head_64.o] Error 1
>> make: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel] Error 2
>> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>
> Guenter Roeck wrote on Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 11:07 PM
> I submitted a patch to work around this problem a couple of weeks ago [1].
> Unfortunately, with this patch applied, allyesconfig still fails with
> relocation errors, but at least the above message is gone, and
> allmodconfig passes.
>
> Maybe we can convince Ben to accept the patch ...
>
> Thanks,
> Guenter
>
> ---
> [1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/6/30/607
>
> Hey Guenter,
> Would you mind sending me the patch that fixes these errors.
> I would like to test it before sending in to Ben.
> Cheers Nick

Hi Nick,

Just follow the link above, select 'forward', and follow the directions.
You'll get the patch per e-mail.

Alternative:

wget "http://download.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1736036/1736037"

The patch will be in a file named '1736037'.

I copied the list for others, in case the 'how to download a patch'
question comes up again.

Guenter