Oops on shutdown : 3.11.0-5-powerpc-e500mc Ubuntu

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Wed Feb 5 10:28:26 EST 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 16:45 -0600, John Donnelly wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
>  This panic was in the kernel related to NFS  , not u-boot;
> Unfortunately I didn't catch the earlier console message/Oops  but I
> recall it being something similar.
>

>  Can you enlighten me what the errata addresses ? I

A-004510 can cause memory corruption due to dirty cache lines being
dropped.  The workaround in U-Boot reconfigures the chip so that this
can't happen.  The reconfiguration lasts until a reboot, so it's still
effective once you start Linux.  It needs to happen while there's no
other traffic on the bus, which is why the workaround is not done in
Linux itself.

What revision of what chip are you using, and what version of U-Boot?

-Scott