repository location (MPC5200b)

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Tue Mar 26 09:55:14 EST 2013

Hello,

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 20:27:17 +0000
Maxwell MacLean <mmaclean at symbotic.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have been following this list for a while now and am interested
> in getting a version of the latest work in progress Linux kernel
> with fixes for powerpc.

For latest work in progress kernel look at master branch in linux-next
tree

 http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git

> Yes, I am a kernel newbie, but I am learning! I have an inherited
> project based on version 2.6.28 that is compiled for an MPC5200b
> and there are some issues I am interested in fixing (or seeing If
> they are already fixed) .
>
> I know there are many branches of development, but where can I get
> the 'best' kernel for my processor?

The current mainline kernel supports MPC5200b pretty well, you can
use latest stable release, branch "linux-3.8.y" of the stable tree

 http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git

HTH,

Anatolij

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0  Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de