P1021rdb-pc

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Jul 30 09:36:31 EST 2013

On 07/25/2013 03:29:45 AM, BHARATHI KANDIMALLA wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> We  are using  P1021rdb-pc   board  with p1021 processor.
>
> 1.  compilation and build process  is taking  so  much of time. How
> should I
> reduce the time for linux  build process?

Remove things from the .config that you don't need.

Be sure you're using a -j value that is large enough to keep all your
CPUs busy.

Use ccache.

Get a faster build machine. :-)

> 2.  In  kernel configuration  we are not able to select  P1021rdb.,
> When we configured the  board for p1021RDB-PC ,  in  default kenel
> config  file   all the below platforms are selected , We want only
> p1021rdb  , what should we select here?
>
>  CONFIG_PPC_CELL is not set
> CONFIG_FSL_SOC_BOOKE=y
> CONFIG_FSL_85XX_CACHE_SRAM=y
> CONFIG_MPC8540_ADS=y
> CONFIG_MPC8560_ADS=y
> CONFIG_MPC85xx_CDS=y
> CONFIG_MPC85xx_MDS=y
> CONFIG_MPC8536_DS=y
> CONFIG_MPC85xx_DS=y
> CONFIG_MPC85xx_RDB=y

fsl,P1021RDB-PC is handled by mpc85xx_rdb.c (and thus
CONFIG_MPC85xx_RDB).

> 3. We are using  p1021 processor which has 36 bit support  , but we
> have compiled uboot for 32 bit only.Is there any specfic use of 36
> bit  compilation, ?

If your U-Boot is configured for 32 bits, there's no benefit to
enabling CONFIG_PHYS_64BIT (unless you're remapping things yourself,
such as moving the PCIe windows), and it can slow things down.

> 4. Now we are using  SDK 1.3.2  for  p1021 procesor .Is there any
> specific
> necessity that we should switch  to sdk1.4
> regarding linux drivers  specially included for  p1021 procesor?

It's generally good to use more recent code for the various
improvements and fixes it contains, but I don't know of a specific
p1021-related requirement.  Note that this list is for upstream Linux;
for help with Freescale SDKs go to https://community.freescale.com/

Also note that p1021rdb-pc is supported in upstream Linux; you do not
need to use the SDK at all unless there is something specific you need
beyond basic board support.

> 5.UMCC driver  is  available in  linux driver ?

No.

> where should I get some help regarding UMCC ?

community.freescale.com, support at freescale.com, or your sales/FAE
contact.

-Scott