[v2][PATCH 0/6] powerpc/book3e: make kgdb to work well
tiejun.chen at windriver.com
Mon Jan 21 18:44:09 EST 2013
This patchset is used to support kgdb/gdb on book3e.
* Make sure we cover CONFIG_PPC_BOOK3E_64 safely
* Use LOAD_REG_IMMEDIATE() to load properly
the value of the constant expression in load debug exception stack
* Copy thread infor form the kernel stack coming from usr
* Rebase latest powerpc git tree
* Copy thread info only when we are from !user mode since we'll get kernel stack
coming from usr directly.
* remove save/restore EX_R14/EX_R15 since DBG_EXCEPTION_PROLOG already covered
* use CURRENT_THREAD_INFO() conveniently to get thread.
* fix some typos
* add a patch to make sure gdb can generate a single step properly to invoke a
* add a patch to if we need to replay an interrupt, we shouldn't restore that
previous backup thread info to make sure we can replay an interrupt lately
with a proper thread info.
* rebase latest powerpc git tree
This patchset is used to support kgdb for book3e.
Tiejun Chen (6):
powerpc/book3e: load critical/machine/debug exception stack
powerpc/book3e: store critical/machine/debug exception thread info
book3e/kgdb: update thread's dbcr0
book3e/kgdb: Fix a single stgep case of lazy IRQ
powerpc/book3e: support kgdb for kernel space
kgdb/kgdbts: support ppc64
arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64e.S | 60 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
arch/powerpc/kernel/irq.c | 10 ++++++
arch/powerpc/kernel/kgdb.c | 16 ++++++---
drivers/misc/kgdbts.c | 2 ++
4 files changed, 80 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
More information about the Linuxppc-dev