[RFC] powerpc: put the common parts of the ppc64*defconfigs in a Kconfig file

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Sat Aug 17 07:34:15 EST 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-09 at 16:24 +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> We cannot put the unsetting of config options in the Kconfig file, nor
> the integer or string options.
>
> I checked that after this we get the same .config files generated (except
> for the addition of the new PPC64_DEFCONFIG* config options.
>
> Any thoughts?

Won't this bypass the dependency mechanism?  While the dependencies
should already be satisfied currently, nothing would prevent them from
being switched off later.  Even if you have all the dependencies listed
in the "select", what if dependencies change later?

It seems like it would be better to have a way to apply multiple
defconfigs at once, and/or have one defconfig include another.

-Scott