linux-next: manual merge of the kvm-ppc tree with the powerpc-merge tree

Tabi Timur-B04825 B04825 at freescale.com
Thu Oct 11 14:32:46 EST 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Commit 549d62d889b4 ("KVM: PPC: use definitions in epapr header
> for hcalls") from the kvm-ppc tree added an include of asm/epapr_hcall.h
> to the user visible part of asm/kvm_para.h so asm/epapr_hcall.h became a
> user visible header file.

Any real user-space code that tries to call any of the functions in
epapr_hcall.h will cause an exception.

Claiming that kernel header files that KVM needs are suddenly
user-space header files doesn't make much sense to me, but I guess
it's not my decision.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale