linux-next: manual merge of the kvm-ppc tree with the powerpc-merge tree

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Thu Oct 11 13:47:54 EST 2012

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 01:47:13 +0000 Tabi Timur-B04825 <B04825 at freescale.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>
> >  arch/powerpc/include/asm/epapr_hcalls.h      |  511 --------------------------
> >  arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/Kbuild         |    1 +
> >  arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/epapr_hcalls.h |  511 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> What is include/uapi?  epapr_hcalls.h is not a user-space header file.
>  I don't remember seeing the original patch which moved it, so I don't
> know where this comes from.

Commit 549d62d889b4 ("KVM: PPC: use definitions in epapr header
for hcalls") from the kvm-ppc tree added an include of asm/epapr_hcall.h
to the user visible part of asm/kvm_para.h so asm/epapr_hcall.h became a
user visible header file.

The UAPI changes are moving the user visible parts of export header files
into a separate include directory called uapi.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/