PowerPC radeon KMS - is it possible?

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Thu Apr 19 22:41:16 EST 2012

On Don, 2012-04-19 at 13:48 +0200, Gerhard Pircher wrote:
> > Von: "Michel Dänzer" <michel at daenzer.net>

> > > I know that the uninorth AGPGART driver does a cache flushing for
> > > newly mapped pages, but is there any code in the driver that handles
> > > the former case (or isn't this necessary on PPC Macs)?
> >
> > If by 'former case' you mean userspace modifying memory mapped into the
> > AGP GART, then no, this generally doesn't require special treatment on
> > PowerMacs. (Ignoring the potential issue mentioned by Ben in this
> > thread)
> I guess you refer to the ordering issue here.

Yeah.

> The "former case" is an explanation, why I see data corruption with my
> AGPGART driver (more or less a copy of the uninorth driver) on my
> non-coherent platform. There are no cache flushes done for writes to
> already mapped pages.

As I said, the radeon driver always maps AGP memory uncacheable for the
CPU, so no such CPU cache flushes should be necessary.

> I tested this with radeon.test=1, but I'm not even sure if this code
> changes already mapped pages [...]

It does. radeon_bo_pin(..., RADEON_GEM_DOMAIN_GTT, ...) binds the buffer
memory into the AGP GART, and the test only maps it to the CPU after
that.

I take it the test fails for you? How exactly?

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com