BootX

kevin diggs diggskevin38 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 04:51:23 EST 2011

Hi,

I've never done any real kernel debugging. Can anyone give any
pointers on how to do early boot debugging on an old world (buggy OF)
powermac? Can I do anything using a serial console?

A little reading last night suggested that spinlocks are supposed to
disappear for single processor machines. I do not understand why they
are present in 3.4.6 (at least the symbol anyway)? The 'acct_lock'
spin lock was also missing with gcc 4.2.4.

kevin