ibm_newemac tx problem with jumbo frame enabled

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Dec 8 09:03:03 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 13:35 +0530, Prashant Bhole wrote:
> Still couldn't find anything like fifo overflow...
> I noticed one more thing, this problem happens only when mtu size on
> the initiator (the other end) is set to 4088, regardless of any mtu
> size set for EMAC.

Did you check all the registers that may carry errors ? Nothing showed
up ? Did you check that things like Pause frames were properly
negociated on both sides ? Tried playing with the pause and FIFO
thresholds ?

Other than using the tx timeout to perform resets I don't see a good way
to fix that problem.

Cheers,
Ben.