Fwd: MPC7410 Linux Kernel

tiejun.chen tiejun.chen at windriver.com
Wed Aug 3 16:42:28 EST 2011

Vineeth wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> We were referring kuroboxHG.dts which uses Sandpoint architecture; which is
> almost same as ours.
>
> 1. one doubt in kuroboxHG is the ranges property in SOC node says EUMB is at
> 0xFC00_0000; and as per the datasheet of mpc107, the open pic address will

And for powerpc looks u-boot should initialize MPC107 and EUMB_ADDR should be
configured as well. And kernel doesn't reconfigure EUMB again. This is different
from original ppc implementation.

So I think you should check how u-boot did. Note not all targets use 0xfc000000
as EUMB_ADDR. At least for linkstation 0x8000000 is set as EUMB_ADDR. And so
maybe this value, 0xFC000000, should be one typo since kernel don't use this
node property as I previously said.

> be EUMB_BASE + 0x40000; but in kurobox its given as 0x80040000;
>
> 2. We know that our UART is mapped at address 0xDB00_0100; which is
> connected in a PCI-LOCAL bridge whose base is at 0xDB00_0000
> How can i represent these things in dts ? Can the RANGES property of PCI
> node can mention this ?

How do u-boot resided on your target set EUMB_ADDR? Then you can migrate
kuroboxHG.dts with this base address.

Tiejun