Where is CONFIG_BOOT_LOAD ?

Guillaume Dargaud dargaud at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Thu Apr 14 19:18:54 EST 2011

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 19:03:09 Joachim Förster wrote:
> Note that the default 0x400... is the link address of the zImage wrapper
> rather than the one of THE kernel.

Yes, and I need more space for the uncompression to take place when using a ramdisk.

> Currently the link address seems to be hard-coded into
> arch/powerpc/boot/wrapper
> (a shell script). Since long ago I'm wondering why the maintainers did
> that. But I guess there is a reason, because it wasn't that way in the
> old arch/ppc days ;-) ...

Thanks for that. I'd been using "objcopy --change-addresses" to relocate the elf file with success.

> Is configuring the zImage-piggy-back-loader through menuconfig & co evil?

That seems like a good idea. Maybe add some way to figure out if the uncompressed kernel overlaps the zImage wrapper ?
--
Guillaume Dargaud
http://www.gdargaud.net/Antarctica/