Where to put board-specific drivers

Ira W. Snyder iws at ovro.caltech.edu
Fri Sep 3 06:04:34 EST 2010

Hello all,

I've written several drivers for a custom board. The board is basically
an mpc8349_mds board with some extra FPGAs for data processing.

All of the drivers were written to interface with a custom system
controller FPGA, which handles things like LED control, FPGA
programming, and fast data dumping from the data processing FPGAs.

I'd like to start pushing some of these drivers into mainline, but I
don't know where to put them. I don't think drivers/ is appropriate:
these are highly board specific. Does arch/powerpc/ have a recommended
place for board-specific drivers? I was thinking about
arch/powerpc/drivers/, however that doesn't exist.

Thanks,
Ira