PROBLEM: memory corrupting bug, bisected to 6dda9d55

pacman at kosh.dhis.org pacman at kosh.dhis.org
Fri Oct 22 20:15:19 EST 2010

Benjamin Herrenschmidt writes:

> On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 13:33 -0500, pacman at kosh.dhis.org wrote:
> > > Just try :-) "quiesce" is something that afaik only apple ever
> > > implemented anyways. It uses hooks inside their OF to shut down all
> > > drivers that do bus master (among other HW sanitization tasks).
> >
> > I booted a version with a prom_close_stdout after the last prom_debug. It
> > didn't have any effect. That 1000Hz clock was still ticking.
>
> Ok so you'll have to make up a "workaround" in prom_init that looks for
> OHCI's in the device-tree and disable them.

I'm a long way from understanding how to do that.

> Check if the OHCI node has some existing f-code words you can use for
> that with "dev /path-to-ohci words" in OF for example. If not, you may

Nothing there but open close decode-unit encode-unit

> need to use the low level register accessors. Use OF client interface
> "interpret" to run forth code from C.

Here are the major problems:

1. How do I locate all usb nodes in the device tree?

2. How do I know if a particular usb node is OHCI?

3. Knowing that a node is OHCI, how do I know where its control registers
are? I'm sure this is calculated from the "reg" property but I don't see how.

4. Knowing where the control registers are, how do I access them? Do I need
to request a virt-to-phys mapping or can I assume that it's already mapped,
or that the "rl!" command will do the right thing with a physical address?

5. Which control register should I use to tell the OHCI to be quiet? Just do
a general reset, or is there something that specifically turns off the
counter that's been causing the trouble?

--
Alan Curry