PROBLEM: memory corrupting bug, bisected to 6dda9d55

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Oct 21 07:56:55 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 13:33 -0500, pacman at kosh.dhis.org wrote:
> > Just try :-) "quiesce" is something that afaik only apple ever
> > implemented anyways. It uses hooks inside their OF to shut down all
> > drivers that do bus master (among other HW sanitization tasks).
>
> I booted a version with a prom_close_stdout after the last prom_debug. It
> didn't have any effect. That 1000Hz clock was still ticking.

Ok so you'll have to make up a "workaround" in prom_init that looks for
OHCI's in the device-tree and disable them.

Check if the OHCI node has some existing f-code words you can use for
that with "dev /path-to-ohci words" in OF for example. If not, you may
need to use the low level register accessors. Use OF client interface
"interpret" to run forth code from C.

Cheers,
Ben.