MBX drivers ads5121-rev4-v20090603

CTAG / Moisés Domínguez moises.dominguez at ctag.com
Fri May 21 00:48:17 EST 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to use MBX 3D engine driver of my ads5121. AFAIK, drivers were
built against same kernel as mine but I get problems for testing the demos
and for loading the service:

[root at freescale /]# etc/init.d/rc.pvr start

[   29.526994] dbgdrv: module license 'unspecified' taints kernel.

[   29.721065] _IORemapWrapper: mapping 1048576 bytes uncached from
0x80000000 to 0xe5280000

I read in previous threads of this list about similar problems:

- MBX on kernel 2.6.31:
ttp://old.nabble.com/MPC5121ADS-PowerVR-MBX-driver-on-2.6.31-kernel--td26613
966.html

- MBX on kernel 2.6.24:
http://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2009-February/067967.html

According those posts, I would need to recompile modules against my kernel,
but, of course, I do not have the sources.  Reading ltib doc I read:

“Proprietary Packages:
mbx_build13_binaries: This package provides proprietary binary kernel
modules, libraries,
and test code built from the MBX OpenGL ES DDK.”

Have anybody tested MBX demos provided with freescale SDK with ltib
v20090603 without having to recompile provided .ko’s?

Regards,

Moises

Board ads5121

Ltib version 20090603