ftp login problem using wu-ftpd

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 30 08:02:37 EST 2010

Dear Stevan Ignjatovic,

In message <1277820991.4257.18.camel at stevan> you wrote:

> I ported Linux-2.6.30-rc8 on my custom mpc885 board. The filesystem I am
> using is jffs2 which I created from
> eldk-4.2/ppc_8xx/images/ramdisk_image.gz. Linux boots fine and I can
> telnet to the board but I cannot ftp:
> Here ftp connection hangs. Do I have to create another user (beside
> root) in order to make ftp connection? Earlier, when I was using 2.4
> linux I didn't have problems with ftp connection as root.

check your kernel configuration. You might be missing options like
CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS or CONFIG_LEGACY_PTYS or similar.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by  at  least
one instruction - from which, by induction, one can deduce that every
program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work.