ftp login problem using wu-ftpd

Stevan Ignjatovic stevan at iritel.com
Wed Jun 30 00:16:31 EST 2010

Hi all,

I ported Linux-2.6.30-rc8 on my custom mpc885 board. The filesystem I am
using is jffs2 which I created from
eldk-4.2/ppc_8xx/images/ramdisk_image.gz. Linux boots fine and I can
telnet to the board but I cannot ftp:

# ftp 10.8.1.5
Connected to 10.8.1.5.
220 10.8.1.5 FTP server (Version wu-2.6.2(1) Wed Apr 2 09:10:49 MEST
2008) ready.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
Name (10.8.1.5:root): root

Here ftp connection hangs. Do I have to create another user (beside
root) in order to make ftp connection? Earlier, when I was using 2.4
linux I didn't have problems with ftp connection as root.

/etc/ftpaccess:
class   all   real,guest,anonymous  *

email root at localhost

loginfails 5

readme  README*    login
readme  README*    cwd=*

message /welcome.msg            login
message .message                cwd=*

compress        yes             all
tar             yes             all
chmod		no		guest,anonymous
delete		no		guest,anonymous
overwrite	no		guest,anonymous
rename		no		guest,anonymous

log transfers anonymous,real inbound,outbound

shutdown /etc/shutmsg

passwd-check rfc822 warn

/etc/xinetd.d/wu-ftpd:
# default: on
#	normal, unencrypted usernames and passwords for authentication.
service ftp
{
	socket_type		= stream
	wait			= no
	user			= root
	server			= /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
	server_args		= -l -a
	log_on_success		+= DURATION USERID
	log_on_failure		+= USERID
	nice			= 10
	disable			= no
}

/etc/pam.d/ftp:
#%PAM-1.0
auth    include	system-auth
auth       required	/lib/security/pam_listfile.so item=user sense=deny
file=/etc/ftpusers onerr=succeed
auth       required	/lib/security/pam_shells.so
account include	system-auth
session include	system-auth

Thanks in advance.