CAN Subsystem and MPC52xx onboard controller

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Thu Jun 10 19:29:15 EST 2010

Hello Wolfram,

On Thursday 10 June 2010 10:59:23 Wolfram Sang wrote:

> The mainline kernel works fine here with Phytec based MPC5xxx-boards.

Reading your answer made me hope again, and I just pulled the newest
HEAD from the mainline kernel and tried it once more. Now it compiles.
Thanks for retriggering me again.

All the other's sill have problems, except pengutronix, most of them
with an inconsistency (with the socket CAN files?), which shows up as

  'struct can_bittime_std' declared inside parameter list

in net/can/dev.c:69

So I assume we will switch to the mainline kernel, which we already
use for Atom based x86 development on the MEN boards.

Thanks once more

Roman

--
Roman Fietze                Telemotive AG Büro Mühlhausen
Breitwiesen                              73347 Mühlhausen