BSE-IP

Dan.Geer at faa.gov Dan.Geer at faa.gov
Wed Jan 27 10:28:01 EST 2010

> > I have the 2.2 pre7 from BSE, but there have been a few changes
since. ;^)

> Hopefully not changes in the board. :-)

Hardware is standard.

> That kernel should still work for extracting any knowledge about the
> board's hardware that may or may not be clear from its documentation.

Yeah, I have some more homework todo.  I've looked at the device tree
documentation (I think you wrote) and will be getting to that.

> > It appears the image (bootwrapper) needs to be completely
self-contained,
> > and needs to understand how to read the flash parameters.  That's on my
> > list.
>
> What firmware is on the board?

Great question!  I have no idea!  BSE has some specific factory bootstrap.
It supports tftp, fsets, fgets, and a go <address>...  it's blackbox from
there to the kernel start.  BSE supplied a bootlo.bin file in their build
chain, but I haven't figured out the source yet.  It unzips the kernel,
ramdisk, and supplies the old bd_info pointer to the kernel as it bounces
into the kernel start.  I guess I still have my work cut out for me.

Thanks for the advice!