mount ramdisk rootfs /etc directory to jffs2 filesystem.

Marco Stornelli marco.stornelli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:57:44 EST 2010

2010/1/20 Johnny Hung <johnny.hacking at gmail.com>:
> 2010/1/19 Matthias Kaehlcke <matthias at kaehlcke.net>:
>> El Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 02:17:22PM +0100 Ricard Wanderlof ha dit:
>>
> I consider to use ramdisk as rootfs because worry about wrong
> operation in rootfs (is use jffs2 rootfs) and it will cause system
> boot up failed.
> Another query, does the syslogd/klogd log files also store in jffs2
> rootfs? Write to jffs2 frequently will reduce flash life cycle.
>
> BRs, H. Johnny
>>
>> --

In general a good splitting for rootfs could be: squashfs for rootfs,
tmpfs for volatile data (/tmp), ubifs (with a flash partition) for
"strong" permanent data (/etc, ....) and pramfs for "light" permanent
data (/var/log, .....).
I think you should "split" your rootfs. Ramdisk is an old approach
with some drawbacks.

Marco