State of PREEMPT_RT in PPC arch

Ryan rayan at nucleodyne.com
Fri Feb 19 16:34:28 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 5:15 AM, Wolfram Sang <w.sang at pengutronix.de> wrote:

> > I'm soliciting comments from the community. Thanks in advance for
> > sharing your thoughts.
>
> Mainline your driver and you are free from such problems :)

Shouldn't it be the opposite way? That is, get drivers working first
then mainline them? I even don't have a working driver with RT patch.
Thanks for the response though. At least it shows that such emails are
not completely ignored.

I feel the linuxppc-dev mailing list is full of development patches
and discussions about them, kinda dedicated to active developers. Is
there a place that users or not-so-active developers can post
technical questions and get some relatively quick answers or comments?
I think there used to be such a mailing list but I couldn't remember
it.

-Ryan.