BSE-IP

Dan.Geer at faa.gov Dan.Geer at faa.gov
Tue Feb 2 05:59:43 EST 2010

> Has your firmware already set up the serial port?  cpm-serial doesn't
make
> assumptions about specific addresses, but it does assume that the BRG,
pins,
> etc. have been set up for the serial port to work.

Yes. Or, so I thought. First, I interrupt the bootstrap with <Esc>.  Then,
I load the image into RAM with 'load simpleImage.bseip 200000' then 'go
200000'.  All of which is echo'd out the serial console by the firmware.
I assumed that the low-level setups were complete.  However, in the old
ppc/boot/m8xx_tty.c there is some initialization for SMC1 and the BRG
(serial_init()).  Where should I do this in the new model?  Is
platform_specific_init() the right place?

> If this isn't the case, you'll need to do it from a custom bootwrapper
platform
> file.
>
> >                                      d-cache-line-size = <8>;       //
8 bytes
> > per line
> >                                      i-cache-line-size = <8>;       //
8 bytes
> > per line
>
> Shouldn't this be 16 bytes?

Thanks!  I read "4 word boundary" in the manual, and assumed 16bit words.
I fixed this, but same results.  I think I have a little more init work
todo.

> >              soc at ff000000 {
>
> Is this the correct IMMR address for your firmware?

Yes, this is the correct IMMR address.

Thanks for your help!
Dan