BSE-IP

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Feb 2 05:24:13 EST 2010

Dan.Geer at faa.gov wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can offer some advice on this:
>
> I'm working with an embedded platform that does not pass anything from
> firmware. I'm just trying to get some activity out the serial console at
> this stage.  simpleImage.bseip compiled with the following bseip.dts seems
> to freeze before anything is written to the console.  I'm assuming the
> standard 8xx code will pickup this device tree, and work from there.  Is
> this correct?  Shouldn't I see some output?

Has your firmware already set up the serial port?  cpm-serial doesn't make
assumptions about specific addresses, but it does assume that the BRG, pins,
etc. have been set up for the serial port to work.

If this isn't the case, you'll need to do it from a custom bootwrapper platform
file.

>                                      d-cache-line-size = <8>;		 // 8 bytes
> per line
>                                      i-cache-line-size = <8>;		 // 8 bytes
> per line

Shouldn't this be 16 bytes?

>              soc at ff000000 {

Is this the correct IMMR address for your firmware?

-Scott