P2020 with BCM53115

Dry, Craig cdry at mc.com
Tue Dec 21 05:08:55 EST 2010

I am trying to bring up a P2020 board which uses the Broadcom BCM53115 switch in unmanaged mode.  The board is patterned after the P2020RDB, except the Vitesse switch has been replaced with a BCM53115. There is no MDIO connection to the switch, but there is  an SPI connection available if needed.

When running Uboot, the BCM53115 works just fine, as I am able to download the Linux Kernel and P2020RDB.dtb across the network without issue.   But as Linux is booting up, I get the message:

mdio_bus mdio at ffe24520: error probing PHY at address 0
mdio_bus mdio at ffe24520: error probing PHY at address 1

I expect these errors occur because the P2020RDB.dts file has these entries.

I'm not sure what to try next to get Linux to use the BCM53115 switch in unmanaged mode.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,
Craig

This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s) and may contain confidential or proprietary information of Mercury Computer Systems, Inc.  This message is solely intended to facilitate business discussions and does not constitute an express or implied offer to sell or purchase any products, services, or support.  Any commitments must be made in writing and signed by duly authorized representatives of each party.