Getting the IRQ number (Was: Basic driver devel questions ?)

Martyn Welch martyn.welch at ge.com
Sat Dec 4 02:37:05 EST 2010

On 03/12/10 14:58, Guillaume Dargaud wrote:
> Why is there not a word about the functions platform_*_register in my various
> driver books ? LDD 3rd ed (O'Reilly), Writing LDD (Cooperstein) or LKD
> (Love)... Is it something specific to powerpc and the books are oriented x86 ?
> What's a good source, besides grepping the kernel to no end ?

I have yet to find a Linux Device Driver book that isn't heavily skewed
towards x86. Some of this stuff is either specific to powerpc or
relevant a subset of non-x86 platforms.

I think Google, the linuxppc-dev mailing list, related IRC channel and
lxr.linux.no have been the sources I've mostly used learning about Linux
on powerpc.

--
Martyn Welch (Principal Software Engineer)   |   Registered in England and
GE Intelligent Platforms                     |   Wales (3828642) at 100